Total Attachments: 1Download: Summons Agenda to Saleway Council - 1st July 2020 - Updated (497 KB)
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus/Co-vid 19 situation the Parish Councillors, on the advice of Central Government, have decide not to hold the Parish Council Meeting which had been summoned for the 18th March 2020. Any members of the public who had intended to raise any questions to the Councillors please do not hesitate to e-mail the clerk ">
Please see link to view the Saleway Parish Council’s Response to Preferred Options Consultation SWDP.
SALEWAY PARISH COUNCIL
Vacancy for a Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
A vacancy has arisen for a Clerk and RFO to Saleway Parish Council. The successful candidate will be required to work from home for 5 hours per week, producing agendas and minutes for monthly Council, and occasional Committee meetings. The Clerk is responsible for communicating with councillors, members of the public, the lengthsman, outside bodies, and suppliers. Duties also include management of the financial responsibilities of the council, including accounts, budget preparation and annual audit/reporting, and advising the Council on statutory requirements.
Rural Crime Prevention
• Where possible, vehicles should be housed in a lockable garage or building, ideally with security lighting installed to the perimeter.
• Vehicles should always be locked when not in use, with the keys kept hidden and locked away in a secure location.
• Keep recordings or photographs of serial numbers and vehicles as these can be crucial in recovery, should the worse happen.
• Securing Quadbikes to a fixed point on the ground or something that takes time to remove will also act as a deterrent.
• Never leave the keys in the ignition.
• Keep gates to yards closed as open gates can be an open invitation to thieves.
• Install immobilisers, chip keys and trackers as these are a simple way to deter criminals or track vehicles.
• Install CCTV
Who to call and when?
Urgent: If a Crime is in progress dial 999
Non-Urgent: Dial 101 to report a Crime after it has taken place.
Provide Information: Contact the Rural Crime Hotline to give information anonymously. You can submit information online www.ruralcrimehotline.co.uk or call the
Rural Crime Hotline on 0800 783 0137
Are you looking for funding for local projects and initiatives?
Identifying and diversifying alternative funding streams has never been so important for local government. That is why Worcestershire County Council has again secured Open 4 Community, an on-line funding portal designed to meet the specific needs of Parish & Town Councils, voluntary & community groups, housing associations and large charities.
These groups and organisations can search for themselves through the thousands of Government, Lottery, charitable trust and other funds available on a European, national, regional and local basis.
• Complete and concise fund details, including criteria, who to contact and links to application forms
• Time saving- enhanced support service for local community groups
• Automatic email alerts
• Weekly e-newsletters
• Bespoke reports for funding search results
• Monthly statistical reporting to help gain vital contact details that can be used for future marketing campaigns and research, and for proving the tool’s impact
• Dedicated local support section – to advertise your own local initiatives and events.
You will be required to complete a very simple registration form which will then allow you to access detailed information on all the funds available.
So, visit the website and begin your search! CLICK HERE FOR open4community.co.uk/worcestershire/ WEBSITE
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 – SECTION 14 (AS AMENDED)
WORCESTERSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF THE CLOSURE OF CHURCH LANE, ODDINGLEY, WORCESTERSHIRE (“THE HIGHWAY”)
Reason for restriction: Water Leak / Burst Main. There is a need to close the highway in the following terms:-
1. The effect of this Notice is that no vehicle shall proceed along that part of the highway from its junction with C2076 Newland Road to Plough Lane to its junction with C2158 Netherwood Lane.
2. This provision shall continue in force for a maximum of 5 days, however, it is anticipated that it will remain in force for 3 days commencing 16 September 2019.
3. Alternative routes: – C2158 Netherwood Lane, C2032 Crowle Road, C2076 Plough Road, C2076 Plough Lane, C2076 Newland Road to Plough Lane and vice versa.
Nothing in this Notice shall prevent at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the highway, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from and only from the highway.
Head of Legal and Democratic Services
16 September 2019
762370 – Church Lane, Oddingley – Emergency
WCFO 00003940 Streetworks Admin
One of Wychavon District Council’s promises is to run a two year programme of workshops for parish and town councils and community groups on a range of topics that bring together successful examples and share best practice to enable others to implement their own solutions to local needs. The workshops are free for representatives of Wychavon based groups and organisations but advance booking is essential as we will only run a workshop if enough places are filled.
Play areas – maintenance and inspection
Tuesday 17 September 2019 | 10am – 12pm at Wychbold play area
This will take place at play area and will provide guidance on some of the main aspects of play equipment inspection and how to undertake an effective inspection. It will also cover how to respond when faults have been identified.
Tackling speeding in your parish
Monday 23 September 2019 | 6pm – 8pm in the Committee Rooms, Wychavon Civic Centre, Pershore, WR10 1PT
Details to be confirmed.
Monday 30 September 2019 | 6pm – 8pm in the Committee Rooms, Wychavon Civic Centre, Pershore, WR10 1PT
With 2007 a distant memory for most, this workshop could act as a personal reminder for households about how to prepare and react to local flooding events. For your community as a whole it provides an opportunity to think and develop some actions to improve a community’s resilience.
Thursday 24 October 2019 | 6pm – 8pm at Wychavon Civic Centre, Pershore, WR10 1PT
This session will explore the benefits of preparing a neighbourhood plan, as providing an overview of the process and the support available to parish councils and neighbourhood plan groups. We will also share examples of adopted neighbourhood plans in the district.
Making the most of your village hall event
Saturday 19th October 2019 | 10.30am – 3pm at Wychavon Civic Centre, Pershore, WR10 1PT
This event will include a choice of four workshop sessions covering a range of topics. Two workshops will run from 10.30am-12noon (Improving your Village Hall and Funding) and two from 1-2pm (Marketing and Communications and Organising the Organisers) with a session from 2-3pm for questions and discussion. Lunch will be provided for those attending all day.
Monday 4 November 2019 | 6pm – 8pm at Wychavon Civic Centre, Pershore, WR10 1PT
We all do events, but are we being efficient?. This workshop aims to cover the basics of putting on events and will include some of the tools to help you save time and effort in running events.
Applying for funding
Tuesdays, 4 February, 25 February or 10 March 2020 | all 6.30pm – 8pm at Wychavon Civic Centre, Pershore, WR10 1PT
This workshop will look at how to identify your funding needs and how to raise funds through a range of methods including sponsorship, fundraising and grant applications.
Malvern Hills and Wychavon Neighbourhood Watch Together event on Wednesday 25 September 5-8pm Leigh and Bransford Memorial Hall Sherridge Road, Leigh Sinton, Malvern WR13 5DE.
This drop-in market place event is an opportunity for Parish Councils and residents from across Malvern Hills and Wychavon to find out how to go about creating a successful Neighbourhood Watch scheme for their community. The event will also enable current and aspiring members of Neighbourhood Watch schemes to discover services available to them within their community, that they can then signpost their scheme members to when required.
To help with attendance figures, please tell us you’re coming by visiting the link below.
- Murder arrest after stabbing in Herefordshire September 26th, 2020
- Covid-19: What has it meant for the 'busiest' trains? September 25th, 2020
- Birmingham hospital operations cancelled due to bed shortage September 25th, 2020
- Worcester police contact parents over men-in-car reports September 25th, 2020